1. When we first met you were wearing a yellow t shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans and you told me that I was the most beautiful girl you’d ever seen. Can you remember what I was wearing that day? Do you still think I am the most beautiful girl, or did she replace me?
2. The night we broke ourselves over one another, like eggs over your grandmother’s glass bowl - we spilled out into the collection plate and took communion from the excess, from the memories we wished to forget. But now, do you take communion from her lips to forget me?
3. Last week, I went back to the park where we shared our first kiss. I went to the tree where we carved our initials and promised that no matter what, we would always be together. Were you the one who scratched our initials out?
4. Why did you leave? Why did you have to fucking leave?
5. I used to roll over at night and you would be whispering my name in your sleep. I used to wonder what kind of dreams you were having, what kind of lifetimes you were imagining. How long were you dreaming that I was gone, that you didn’t have to love me anymore?
6. Did you ever love me? Because I loved you with everything. I am void of myself now. Empty. Vacant. Hollow. Desolate. Abandoned. Deserted. Bare. Why did I love you with everything?